Responsible for planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive plan of operation for the church including business administration, financial and budget management, property management, and office management to implement First Baptist Jackson’s Mission and Vision.
- Clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A self-starter with motivation to follow through with limited supervision.
- Seeks biblical, theological, spiritual, personal, relational, and academic excellence in ministry and leads with quality.
- Agreement with Church Belief Statement of First Baptist Jackson.
- Must be able to wholeheartedly publically, and privately support the Senior Pastor and complement his ministry with enthusiasm.
- A team player who publically supports the ministry of fellow church employees and deals with staff conflict by reporting first to Senior Pastor and secondly to the Personnel Committee.
- Vision, energy, and passion for implementing the vision of First Baptist Jackson into a tangible strategy with clear objectives and monitored results.
- Must be continually pursuing personal growth in Christ and exercising personal gifts and abilities.
- A life-long learner who stays current in ministry trends and best practices that increase the effectiveness of our church in its mission.
- Meets the requirements as stated under the education section of this document.
- A member of a church in good standing.
- Lives an exemplary Christ-like life before those he serves.
- Maintains appropriate dress and keeps workspace neat.
Must have completed a Bachelors Degree and have at least 5 years experience in business administration.
Full-time staff members are expected to serve the needs of the ministry without compulsion and with joy. As a guide, around 50 hours per week should be customary. Still, appropriate time for family and stewardship of self must be kept within the priority of structure. A regular plan of office and “off” time will be made with the Senior Pastor.
- Lead First Baptist Church in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive plan of operation for the church.
- Business Administration: Provide administrative management of business affairs to remove Senior Pastor from daily operational concerns using written policy as guidance, consultation with appropriate staff, and good judgment. Serve as church Risk Manager with guidance from Trustees and other resources.
- Financial and Budget Management: Work with the Senior Pastor and Financial Committee in the construction and promotion of the annual budget. Work with the Business and Office Administrative Assistant in the oversight of policies regarding cash gifts, non-cash gifts, deposits, disbursements, preparation of financial reports and maintaining an auditable record of all transactions.
- Property Management: Monitor properties/equipment used by members and staff. Oversee proper maintenance/repairs, securing competitive bids, and oversight of contractual obligations. Direct the custodial team in the areas of proper maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the facilities ensuring the church is presented as an appropriate place for ministry. Serve as the primary contact for community groups and ministries using the church facilities.
- Office Management: Oversee the administration of the church office including communications, printed material, cash flow, and other details. Responsible, in cooperation with the Senior Pastor or appropriate committee, for the selection, direct supervision, training, job performance evaluation, and discipline of support staff members; the maintenance of comprehensive personnel records of church employees including sick leave and vacations; and the development and administration of staff employee benefits. Serve as purchasing agent of the church entering into contracts and purchasing Agreements and will be responsible for issuing purchase orders to ensure that all purchases of goods and services are secured within the policies of the church, that invoices and receipts meet purchasing policy and all disbursements are properly approved.
Work with Senior Pastor to routinely create an ongoing list of measurable and quantifiable objectives that may be utilized for evaluation.
Follow feedback provided by Senior Pastor. Understand that based on church size and resources, additional duties may be assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Ability to Mobilize Believers/Leadership/Communicate
- Creative/Up-to-date/Loyalty/Confidentiality/No Surprises
- Shared Philosophy/Theological Agreement/Entrepreneur/Assimilation
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Senior Pastor